1889 Alberni Street, Vancouver, BC
Shot of the Lord Stanley in Vancouver, British Columbia
|Developer||Bogdonov Pao Associates Ltd.|
|Number of Units||112|
|Number of Floors||13|
|Type of Roof||IRMA|
|1889 Alberni Street, Vancouver, BC|
|Distance to Public Transit||32 nearby routes|
|Title of Land||Freehold Strata|
Lord Stanley is a boutique apartment hotel located at 1889 Alberni Street in the West End neighbourhood of Vancouver. It houses a variety furnished and fully equipped one and two bedroom suites. These suites are available for rental on a nightly or extended stay basis.
Built in 1998 this luxurious high-rise is located steps from renown Stanley Park and harbour views of Coal Harbour, the North Shore Mountains, the Lost Lagoon and Downtown Vancouver. The building houses an array of amenities including a 24-hour front desk, a cinema room, out door patios as well as access to everything the Vantage Club has to offer.
At the Lord Stanley, there is a complimentary continental breakfast served every day from seven until nine in the morning, a secure underground parking is available to the guests and it can be rented on a monthly or daily basis. The long term residents' suites are furnished and include a full kitchen, in-suite washer and dryer, telephone and voice-mail, an office and wireless internet.
The Vantage Club offers many exclusive services such as limousine access, catering and Dry cleaning.
The Lord Stanley is situated right at the beginning of the Westend neighbourhood of Vancouver. It is exactly one block away from famed Stanley Park which was Stanley Park voted second most beautiful City Park in the World by Travel + Leisure Magazine.  According to the Walk Score website, its address is considered a walkers paradise and is just a short walk from the Financial, Entertainment Districts and Robson Street shopping central.
The building's Proximity to the Lion's Gate Bridge gives its residents access to the North Shore mountains and countless hiking trains. During the winter a short drive can take you up Cypress, Grouse or Seymour mountains for skying, snowboarding or even ice skating. There is an ice skating rink at the West End Community Centre as well as at Robson Square. Additionally, the Whistler-Blackcomb ski resort is at only an hour and a half drive.
Whistler-Blackcomb is the largest ski resort in North America and features the Peak 2 Peak Gondola for moving between the two mountain peaks. Peak 2 Peak holds records for the highest and longest unsupported cable car span in the world.
During the summertime Lord Stanley's residents can run, walk, bike or roller-blade around Stanley Park's 9km seawall. There is also various beaches around the park and Second Beach has an outdoor pool. At the seawall's 3 Km mark, there is a children's playground and water park right next to the Vancouver Aquarium. From July to September there is a movie showing every Tuesday evening.
The Lord Stanley is a concrete residential building. It is a modern high rise and has a glass exterior with some aluminium elements.
Modern architecture is generally considered to me simple and minimalist. The modern architectural style began at the turn of the 20th century by architects trying to combine our ever evolving technological world and the principles underlying architectural design.
It started to be used more often right after the Second World War and was adopted by influential architects and architectural educators. It is the most frequently used architectural style for institutional and corporate buildings
Layout and Features
Every suite at the Lord Stanley has floor-to-ceiling windows, walnut inspired laminate flooring, large private balconies, gas fireplaces, carpeting and marble entries.
The bathrooms feature full length vanity mirrors and all units have an open concept kitchen with high end stainless steel appliances and glass tiled back splash.
The building also has an interactive security system that allows tenants to know who is buzzing their suites.
The Lord Stanley has an array of one and two bedroom suites. Here is an example of one type of floor plan:
Here is the amenities available at the Lord Stanley:
- Fitness Centre and Sauna
- Fibre-optic Room
- Large-screen Cinema Room
- Resident's Lounge and Coffee Bar
- Library with fireplace
- Business and Conference Centre
- Fully Furnished Guest Suite
- Bicycle Rooms
- Outdoor Patios and Terraces
- English Gardens
- Banquet Facilities
|Lord Stanley Bylaws|
- Pets are allowed with restrictions
- Rentals are permitted
- There are no age restrictions
- Barbecues are available for the tenants' use
With it's proximity to public transit, park and recreation as well as many amenities the residents of the Lord Stanley do not need a car to go about their daily errands.
Additionally, there is a vast selection of car sharing programs throughout the West End and many bike routes accessible minutes away from the building. Bike storage is available for residents of the Lord Stanley.
Additionally, the building has a recycling program and monitors daily electricity and water use.
- Australian actor Errol Flynn died of a heart attack at age 50 on 14 October 1959 at the Sylvia Hotel. At the moment of his death he was with his then girlfriend, 15-year-old Beverly Aadland, who he planned to marry in their new house in Jamaica.
- Whistler was originally conceived as part of a bid to win the 1968 Winter Olympics, but a series of events led to the bids being withdrawn or losing to other cities. Construction of the resort started in spite of this, and the resort first opened for business in February 1966. The resort expanded extensively in the 1980s and 90s, becoming the centerpiece of a renewed bid on the part of nearby Vancouver. Vancouver/Whistler was selected as the winning bid for the 2010 Winter Olympics in July 2003. Whistler Blackcomb hosted the alpine skiing events, including the men's and women's Olympic and Paralympic alpine skiing disciplines of downhill, Super-G, giant slalom, super combined and slalom. The Dave Murray downhill course towards Whistler Creekside finally hosted an Olympic downhill event, 50 years after it was originally surveyed for this purpose.
- The Stanley Park sea wall in his native Vancouver is graced with a 9-foot bronze statue of Harry Jerome. Henry "Harry" Winston Jerome was a Canadian track and field runner who set a total seven world records. He was the grandson of John Howard, a railway porter who represented Canada in the 1912 Summer Olympics. In 1970 he was made an Officer of the Order of Canada.
- The Sylvia Hotel on Gilford Street is a historic hotel on English Bay that was originally an apartment building before being converted during the Second World War to house merchant marine crews. It was the tallest building in the West End until the late 1950s, and the location of the first cocktail bar in the city. The "dine in the sky" restaurant was eventually moved to the ground floor.
- The Lord Stanley Official Website
- Travel + Leisure "World's Most Beautiful City Parks" May 2013
- The Lord Stanley Rating on the Walk Score
- Modern Architecture on Wikipedia
- Lord Stanley on Video Openhouse
- Whistler Blackcomb on Wikipedia
Discussion Forumblog comments powered by Disqus
Ratings are submitted by users like you - Condopedia makes no guarantees or endorsements.