Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle
1128 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC
|Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle|
Marriott Stands with its unique form among the other boxy Vancouver towers
|Architect||Hancock Brückner Eng + Wright|
|Management Company||Pinnacle International Mgmt|
|Number of Units||434|
|Number of Floors||38|
|1128 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC|
|Distance to Public Transit||Less than a block|
|Title of Land||Strata|
Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle overlooks the beautiful Coal Harbour on the coast of the City of Vancouver.
The Harbour got its name back in 1862. Coal could be seen flanking the bluff. Adjacent to the harbour, is the Lost Lagoon, which used to be known as Kanaka Rancherie, which means Cherry Tree in Hawaiian. The area is now known as Devonian Harbourside Park, and many cherry tress have been planted there in memory of AIDS victims.
The Vancouver Boating Club, now called Vancouver Rowing Club started in 1887 and is still in operation at the Coal Harbour marina today. The Pacific Lumber Mill Company started shortly after. They used Coal Harbour as a transport route to ship the lumber.
Coal Harbour has been home to Vancouver Shipyards through the 1930s. In addition, it currently has Harbour Ferries, a tour-boat and water-taxi services as well as sea planes that fly to Vancouver Island.
Due to the quality of the water, there is no fishing, swimming, or scuba diving permitted in the marina basin. Despite this, a few whales have made their way into Coal Harbour and Burrard Inlet, bringing their babies along with them. As many as eight orcas were reported to be in the Harbour at a single time.
The hotel suites offer incredible views of Coal Harbour, the North Shore Mountains, and downtown Vancouver.
Within walking distance, convenient places to go include La Petite Crepe restaurant, Caffe Artigiano coffee shop, Fujiya Japanese Foods groceries and Portal Park.
Popular attractions within the area include Stanley Park, Vancouver Aquarium, Gastown, Yaletown, Granville Island, Robson Street Shopping, Capilano Suspension Bridge, Dr Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden , CN IMAX Theatre, Grouse Mountain, Rogers Arena, Harbour Cruises and HR Macmillan Space Centre.
The Capilano Suspension Bridge spans 460 feet and is 230 feet above the Capilano River below. It was originally built in 1889 by George Grant Mackay from hemp hopes and cedar planks. In 1903, it was replaced with a wire cable bridge. In 1956, the bridge was completely rebuilt.
Other features in the park consists of the Treetops Adventure, rain forest eco-tours, gardens, trails, totem poles, and the Cliff Walk.
Reinforced concrete structures are very popular in British Columbia due to the high earthquake zone. Concrete by itself is very brittle, so steel reinforcement bars are added to create ductility.
Prestressed concrete can be used on floors, walls, beams, and columns. Steel tendons are used to provided a clamping load which produces a comprehensive strength within the concrete, which therefore, counteracts the comprehensive load that would be applied.
Layout and Features
Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle provides many amenities that allow the occupants and guests to live a luxurious life of ease. Theses features include:
- a work area
- in-room media
- iron and ironing board
- in-room dining
- duvet covers
- bight bright windows
- glass enclosed showers
There are also many convenient services available to the occupants:
- Copy service
- Fax service
- Full-service business center
- Messenger service
- Network/Internet printing
- Overnight delivery/pickup
The building was designed to accommodate those who are disabled and need accessible services. There are not just accessible suites, but many of the amenity spaces are accommodating:
- Business center entrance is accessible
- Hotel has on site accessible self-parking
- Meeting spaces are all accessible
- Restaurants and lounges are all accessible
- Fitness center entrance is accessible
- Main entrance is accessible
- Pathway to registration desk is accessible
- Registration desk is accessible
- Route to accessible guest rooms is accessible
- Service animals allowed for persons with disabilities
To view floor plans, a link is presented in the References Section of this page. Click on that link below, to view a slideshow of the building's interior. 
Amenities in the building include:
- Health Club with cardiovascular equipment, free weights, treadmills , ellipticals , stair climbers and stationary bike.
- Indoor Pool that is 52 feet long
- Coffee/tea in-room
- Concierge service
- Evening turn down service
- Foreign exchange
- Gift store and newsstand
- Housekeeping service daily
- Mobility accessible rooms
- Newspaper delivered to room, on request
- Room service 24-hour
- Valet dry-cleaning
- Virtual Concierge
- 286 parking stalls
- 13 meeting rooms, 20,000 sq ft of total meeting space
|Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle Bylaws|
- Rentals are permitted
- Pets are allowed with a $30 sanitation fee
- Must be 19 or older
Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle is part of an organization promoting hotels with green initiative. The hotel has many goals that are within reach with just a little effort. The goals consist of strategies that work towards:
- Developing green hotel guidelines and building “greener” hotels.
- Greening our supply chain and purchasing environmentally friendly products.
- Engaging employees and guests to support the environment through their actions.
- Reducing fuel and water consumption by 25% per available room over the next 10 years.
- Helping to protect 1.4 million acres of endangered rain forest land in the Amazon.
- The tower has a total of 434 suites with the hotel occupying 25 floors and condominiums above
- Lobby has 50-foot-high curvilinear glass curtain walls
- The egg-shaped roof crown is nearly three storeys of structural steel braced back to the roof
- Design of the 165-seat gourmet restaurant was overseen by executive chef Bruce Knapkik, a gold medal winner at the Culinary Olympics in Germany
- Called Delta Pinnacle first three and a half years after opening
- CBC News
- Walk Score
- Wikipedia - Capilano Suspension Bridge
- Les Twarog & Sonja Pedersen
- Marriott Vancouver Pinnalce - Video Floor Plan Walk Through
- BC Condos
Discussion Forumblog comments powered by Disqus
Ratings are submitted by users like you - Condopedia makes no guarantees or endorsements.