721 Fifth Avenue, New York City
|Developer||Donald Trump and Equitable Life Assurance Company|
|Number of Units||263|
|Number of Floors||68|
|Type of Roof||IRMA|
|721 Fifth Avenue, New York City|
|Distance to Public Transit||Less than one block|
|Region||New York City|
|Municipality||New York City|
|Title of Land||Condominium|
721 5th Ave is a concrete core and shear-wall structure reaching 68 stories overlooking New York's storied 5th Avenue. A few short blocks from Central Park, Trump Tower strikes an impressive visage to those nearby which is accounted for by the unique architectural features of the building that allowed for a taller building than would otherwise be permitted in the space.
Prior to the building of Trump Tower, 721 5th Ave was home to Bonwit Teller Department Store, one of New York's famous high-end stores. The iconic Art Deco building stood until its demolition in 1980 to make room for Trump Tower. It had been the flagship store of Bonwit Teller from 1930 until 1979, when Trump bought it.
In the heart of Manhattan, 721 5th Avenue is best considered a walker's wonderland. Less than a quarter mile from the Museum of Modern Art, a half a mile from Cinema 1 2 3, less then a mile to the American Folk Museum and numerous famous live theaters. A 'cultural-phile' will be overwhelmed by the options available to them even before they consider people-watching. Central Park lies a half mile North or head to Grand Central Station, a half mile South from Trump Tower, and take a day trip.
Aside from the nearby Grand Central Station, transit options are plenty. Trump Tower is easily accessible to both bus and subway. The area is renowned for shopping. 721 5th Avenue is just steps from high-end retail stores Gucci, Abercrombie and Fitch and UGG Australia. Grocery stores and restaurants are nearby to serve any taste. Schools of all kinds are within walking distance of Trump Towers.
Completed in 1983, Trump Tower was built by Donald Trump and Equitable Life Assurance Company. The architect was Der Scutt, representing the architectural firm of Poor Swanke Hayden and Connell. While the building was constructed outside the style's heyday, Trump Tower is widely considered an excellent example of International Style II, a late iteration of modernism.
The building incorporates concrete shear wall construction. The outside of the building is striking bronze glass that stands out against the city's skyline. The public entrance to the building is dominated by the shopping atrium. A waterfall greets you upon entrance and the upscale bronze and stone that dominates the interior will inspire.
Layout and Features
This 68 story building houses residential condominiums from the 30th floor to the 68th. On those 38 floors, there are 263 units. There are a variety of different types of units in the building, amenable to nearly anyone's needs. Several units have floor to ceiling windows, while others incorporate two floors of the building. Walk-in closets are standard, appearing even in 1 bedroom units. North facing units will have a view of Central Park.
Across Trump Tower's 263 units, numerous floor plans are available. Here is a small selection of those comprising one, two, and four bedroom units.
Amenities within the building include a fitness room, a laundry room, laundry service, maid service, a concierge, a 24 doorman, elevator operator and a valet. Of course, this doesn't include the convenience associated with some of the world's top-end shops just steps from your elevator door.
|Trump Tower Bylaws|
- No pets are allowed in the building
- There have been upgrades done by the owners of numerous units, and hardwood is permissible
- Many units are rented in the building
- There are no age restrictions in the building
- As there are no balconies in the building, barbecues are not allowed
This tiered building has incorporated green space on a number of its lower roofs.
- The site upon which Trump Tower is built was home, at one time, to high-end department store Bonwit Teller. A striking art deco building designed just prior to the Great Depression, this was the retailer's flagship store until Donald Trump bought it in 1979, demolishing it the following year to make room for the current Trump Tower. TV-philes will likely recognize the tiered building from the television show the Apprentice. The building was the visual home to both the contestants and the boardroom, though the latter was, in fact, off-site.
- According to rumors, early floor plans had to be changed, as tiered corner bedrooms, are said to at least, have faced each other, potentially providing an unwanted view of their neighbors. The building is the official residence of winners of Trump's Miss Universe Organization. It counts among its tenants numerous pop-culture icons, Trump, himself, Bruce Willis, Jay-Z and Beyonce. And, for lovers of the beautiful game, it's home to the CONCACAF head office.
Discussion Forumblog comments powered by Disqus
Ratings are submitted by users like you - Condopedia makes no guarantees or endorsements.