3722 Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV
3726 Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV
The dramatic angles of the Veer Towers
|Developer||MGM Resorts International|
|Architect||Francisco Gonzalez Pulido|
|Number of Units||674|
|Number of Floors||37|
|Type of Roof||IRMA|
|3726 Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV|
|Distance to Public Transit||Less than one block|
|Region||Condopedia region name (New York City, Vancouver, Los Angeles...)|
|Municipality||City Name/District of ???|
|Title of Land||Condominium|
The residences within were designed by Dianna Wong Architecture & Interior Design. Each tower has 337 condominium homes ranging in size from 537 square feet to 2256 square feet. There are a selection of studios, one, two, and three bedroom layouts, not to mention the penthouse suites.
As part of the CityCenter, which was begun by MGM Resorts International, Veer Towers is a part of the largest privately funded construction project in the United States. A bulk sale of 427 units were sold to Ladder Capital Finance by CityCenter in December of 2012 for $119 million and they are represented by Pordes Residential.
Veer Towers has access to a wide variety of art and sculptures as a part of CityCenter. One notable work includes the mud drawings in the lobbies of each of the Veer Towers by Richard Long, one of Britain's best-known sculptors.
Veer Towers is centrally located in the heart of Paradise City near the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino and not far from the airport. It is on one end of the what is referred to the world over, as The Strip in Las Vegas. The twin towers take their place among the other architectural wonders of that area.
MGM Grand, New York-New York Hotel and Casino, Planet Hollywood, Bellagio, Flamingo, Caesar's - they're all within a couple of blocks of Veer Towers.
The design of Veer Towers accepted the challenge of creating a sustainable, all glass tower in the desert. This was accomplished largely due to the gold colored adjustable louvers on the building's all glass façade that provide shading under heavy solar loads. High performance Low-E glazing in the glass permits daylight visibility without the introduction of solar heat gain.
Each of the Veer Towers has an 80 foot high glassed in lobby. Cooling and heating of this space was determined to be best served by a radiant cooling surface utilizing either chilled or heated water to control the temperature. Combined with displacement ventilation, which provides outside air requirements, was the solution chosen to maintain occupant comfort within the lobby space.
The load bearing structure uses a simple Z-shaped central core repetitively. The support columns are perfectly vertical while the façades incline inward on one side and outward on the other at the designed five degrees. With the colored louvers, the glass façade, and the usual angle of the structure, the Veer Towers add an iconic look the the city's skyline.
Layout and Features
- 9’3” ceilings in standard residences and up to 12’6” floor-to-ceiling in penthouses
- Wiring for television, telephone and internet
- Recessed lighting in select areas
- Central air conditioning and heating with climate controls
- Solid-core doors with designer hardware
- European-style kitchen cabinets
- Under-mount stainless steel sinks and custom glass back splash
- Energy-efficient appliances by Bosch
- Custom contemporary bathroom vanities
- Solid stone or marble vanity counter tops with vessel sinks and designer fixtures
- Contemporary shower with marble tile and accent wall in ceramic tile or ceramic and glass combinations
A variety of floor plans are available for Veer Towers. Here is a short sampling:
- Secluded driveway with valet parking services
- 24-hour security and a dedicated concierge
- Secured access to residential elevators
- Business centers, board rooms and mail rooms
- Media and billiard rooms at rooftop level
- Rooftop hospitality patios with spectacular views for outdoor entertaining
- Infinity-edge pools, hot tubs and sun decks at rooftop level
- Fitness Centers with panoramic views and separate men’s and women’s changing rooms, steam rooms and saunas
- Bicycle storage areas
|Veer Towers Bylaws|
- There are provisions to allow rental units
- No age restrictions are placed on ownership
- Barbecues are not permitted as there are no balconies
- Council of Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat
- Veer Towers
- Veer Towers
Discussion Forumblog comments powered by Disqus
Ratings are submitted by users like you - Condopedia makes no guarantees or endorsements.